When you think about having a child, either biological or through adoption, there are many things you need to think about. You need to think about the following:
- Where will the child sleep?
- Where will the child go to school?
- Who will our child play with?
- How will we transport our child to all necessary activities?
- What kind of values will we raise our child with?
- Who will take care of our child in the event we are no longer able to do so?
- Can we afford a child?
These are some of the questions I have been thinking about as we start thinking about the process. There is so much to think about it can be a bit overwhelming at times. It has made me question, on more than one occasion, if this is the right thing to be doing.
As we look at the list I think the biggest thing I can do is take it one thing at a time. I’m trying to not get overwhelmed by the things that need doing. It might take longer, but as long as we are slowly working through the list, and asking the right questions, when the time comes to bring the child home I will feel much better.